Facebook-Twitter-Google +: Social Networking Tracks To Move On
by Digital marketing on January 10, 2013in
May you be a student, or employee or a housewife; Today social networking sites are like Life for us. When we talk on Facebook, a single day with Facebook is just impossible. Any individual got in to any relationship, got engaged or married; the first thing he does is changes his relationship status in his Facebook profile. So, here you can judge how important is Facebook in our life. Another interesting social networking site is Twitter.he twitter bird carry our daily tweets to the whole world. Google’s social networking product, Google + recently launched is catching the path of Facebook and twitter. These three are on a gaining side on the social networking track.
What’s On Your Mind? : A Note On Facebook
How many of us spend our free time on Facebook? How many of us; wait to put our status on a daily basis? It is like almost every one of us! Facebook has gained so much of popularity that once a person clicks his photograph; he does not think to buy an album and put his snap in it; rather he thinks how will it look when he put his snap on his Facebook profile as his profile picture. This is really funny; but it is really true. From profile picture, something which came in my mind is ” I have to change my Facebook profile picture. Its being long I have not.
Anyways, apart from joke; let us discuss in brief on Facebook.
Origin: Facebook is a social networking service launched in Feb 2004. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow students.
Features: Let us discuss the features of Facebook, which are obviously well known to its users.
- New feed: It highlights information including profile changes, upcoming events, and birthday’s of the users friends.
- Facebook messages: This is an awesome feature to share messages with your friends.
- Voice calls: Since April 2011, Facebook users have had the ability to make live voice calls via Facebook chat and that too for free. So, no worry if you have shortage of balance in your mobile, Facebook there to help you out.
- Video calling: It is a feature launched on September 14, 2011 which allows you to make video callings.
- Facebook subscribe: This feature allows for users to follow public updates and these are the people most often broadcasting their ideas.
Some Craziest Facebook Stories:
Now, if you go crazy about Facebook, then let you stay informed about some craziest guys and girls who created some bull shit and funny stories over Facebook. So, here we come with the list of such craziest stories below.
* In Feb, 2011; a mother was arrested for posting pictures of her baby and bong on Facebook
* Tigo Arrington brought attention to himself by posting an implied threat to police on Facebook. When police went to investigate the threat, they found child porn on his computer.
* In Oct, 2011; a study came out that found 1 in 5 women would choose Facebook over sex. Oh! even I will choose Facebook.
* 62-year old Althea Ricketts was charged with aggravated child abuse after she beat her son for having a Facebook page.
* Jason Valdez held a woman hostage for 16 hours in a hotel room in Utah and basically live-blogged the entire thing on Facebook.
* In July, 2011 two dozen Dallas City Hall workers received counselling after a probe showed they spent too much time on Facebook.
Tweets On Twitter: A Note On Twitter:
Now everyone is busy posting tweets every single hour and as a matter of fact; it is really interesting to go through the tweets. Twitter has grown so fast that over 500 million active users generates over 340 million tweets daily. This is really astonishing!
If you are a cricket fan; then must have come across the tweet of Shane Warne during India-England match in World Cup 2011.
“Looking forward to the game between India and England should be a cracker. My prediction- a tie!”
Every cricket lover must have remembered this tweet of Shane Warne and how surprising it was that eight hours later; Warne’s prediction became a reality when the two teams ended level on 338.
* Tweet: These are publicly visible by default; however, senders can restrict message delivery to just their followers. Remembered from the word “Follower”; I am a strong follower of Twitter!
* Trending topics: A word, phrase or topic that is tagged at a greater rate that other tags is said to be trending topic.
* Messages: Users can group posts together by topic or type by use of hashtags-words or phrases prefixed with a “#” sign. Similarly, “@” sign followed by a username is used for replying to other users.
Some Funny Tweets:
* Michelle Pugger has 20 kids and she gets a TV show. My home girl Keisha had 6 kids and all she got was food stamps.
* Adulthood is probably when you stop taking drugs to trip out and start taking drugs to feel normal.
* I love that moment when you make eye contact with a dog and he slyly smiles and nods to let you know he’s secretly a tiny man in a dog suit.
* To find out who vies you Facebook profile the most, look in the mirror.
* My greatest fear is sitting in front of thousands of people while my Google search history is being read loud.
Connecting Your Twitter To Your Facebook Account:
Do you want to tweet as well as update your Facebook status simultaneously? Do you want your each and every tweet to be updated on Facebook? Or do you want some selective tweets to be updated in your Facebook status? Name any question and you have the solution to it.
- Using selective Tweets: Selective tweets, on Facebook allows you to post your tweets on Facebook as your status updates. What you need to do is just add “#Facebook” at the end of the tweet in order to post that tweet on Facebook.
- Using Twitter To Facebook Application: This application is really simple, effective and one-click allow you to connect twitter and Facebook together. This is really easy to install.
A Stream For Google +: A Note On Google +
Google launched a completely awesome social networking called Google + on June 2011.
* In the “Stream”; which occupies the middle of the three columns on the page, users see updates from those in their circles.
* “Circles” enable users to organize people in to groups for sharing across various Google products and services.
* “Hangouts” are places used to facilitate group video chat.
* Messenger/ Huddle is a feature available to Android, iPhone and SMS devices for communicating through instant messaging within circles.
* “Games” in Google + are located under games tab, which gives games visibility and have notifications that are separate from the rest of a user’s notifications.
* Google + Pages: It is a feature that allows entities which are not individuals( like organizations, companies etc) to set up profiles or “Pages” for the posting and syndication of posts.
Conclusion To The Social Networking Tracks:
Hey guys! if you think there is an end to this track, then let you stay informed that this social networking track will ever keep on proceeding with new products, advancement of features and will ever rule over the real life. However the ultimate destination of these tracks will ever remain VIRTUAL